General discussions related to php

Moderators: egami, macek, gesf

johnbillau
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Hello,

apologies if this is the wrong place, just been laughed off stackoverflow :-(

I am fairly good with MySQL, and have a Joomla website and I know how to run queries in PHP and bring back data but I'm no expert.

I need to create forms so users can interrogate, add, update records in the db and I really can't do that.

I've looked at dw CC, but it seems you need dmxzone server connect (free) and then you have to pay £128 for the db connector.

Do you think dw would do what I want if I pay the £128, or could anyone recommend another (cheaper) package please?

Thanks very much,

John

hyper
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:16 pm

Learn how to interact securely with html forms.

I'm sure Joomla will have some sort of plugin that allows secure interaction with your database.

I've no idea what d w c c is, but no it's not worth £128 since it's something you should be able to do yourself, so long as you have not been stretching the truth about your ability with SQL and PHP, the main thing is to make sure that you know how to protect your database by using secure methods.

General web sites are not normally designed to allow direct access to a database without very good reason; especially using direct SQL; so do make sure you really need to allow users to add to your database and ensure it is in a secure manner - i.e. using something other than SQL (form with check boxes etc.) to do so.

The key word, in case you missed it, is: secure