Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

Chatbot / Website Assistent?

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Chatbot / Website Assistent?

Postby bastel22 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:39 am

Hello and good morning,

I've found a PHP Chatbot Script here, but i would like to do somethink like a personal assistent.

The user, for example, should could type in "travel" in the chatbox, and the guide should answer wheter with the possibility of links to travel, or with a direct site push to one of this. (should have the functions like at http://www.reifen.com)

Thanks for every answer,
Sebastian,
Germany
bastel22
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:37 am

Without knowing how the chatbot's code looks, this is a difficult question to answer. I can't just tell you "add this code" because I don't know where or how in the script it needs to be added. At a very abstract level, what you need to do is create a list of keywords that you want the chatbot to respond to, like "travel". Then you need to associate a response with each keyword. I'd do this either in an associative array or a database, depending on how many keywords you have. Then have the chatbot watch for the keywords, and when one comes up, return the appropriate response.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but this isn't a trivial matter, especially since we can't see inside your chatbot script.
swirlee

Customizing?

Postby bastel22 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:52 am

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I've found a really nice chatbot script, also with a very easy admin-tool.

http://www.webta.net/chatbot/

My additional quesition is, if it is possible to give a link as output, or directly open a website when asking a question for perhaps flowers or so? Is it possible to customize it in this way?

( sorry, but i'm a php-no one!)
Greetings,
Sebastian
bastel22
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Scripts