Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

Forum & Guestbook

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Forum & Guestbook

Postby Maliboe » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:54 am

Does any1 know a forum &/or guestbook wich u can edit easilly :?:

I meen that u can edit it by putting in html :S so u can make it look just like ur website¿?¿
Maliboe
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:34 pm

Please take the time to spell out words like "and", "you", "your", and "anyone". In conjunction with careful spell-checking ("easily"), you can easily avoid appearing as dumb as a bowl of mice and might get a more helpful answer than what follows.

Anyway, the very forum software you're using right now, phpBB, uses HTML templates, though they're not trivial to use. For guestbooks, an easy Google search yeilded no fewer than 20 very promising leads. A similar search will get you going on forums, too, if phpBB doesn't suit your needs.
swirlee

Postby Maliboe » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:38 pm

Ty verry much :D

Im terribly sorry for the bad englisch :lol: 8O
but me iz from Holland u see :roll:

But the google thing was a great idea 8)
Maliboe
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:04 pm

To be fair, I was in a lousy mood when I made that post. My apologies. Glad you found some things on Google.
swirlee

Postby Oleg Butuzov » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:28 pm

2swirlee

I don like when someone tell other men - you English Sucks! Here many peolple from othrers countries .

I well know PHP but Enlish for me hard. But i Still help other people? what you propose - leave a forum.?
Oleg Butuzov
Last Samuray
Last Samuray

Postby swirlee » Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:17 am

Pejone, it's quite clear that I wasn't criticizing his English skills. The problem is not that his English is bad, it's that he was lazy in typing his message. Anyone from Europe or any of the Americas, because of a 90% common alphabet, is smart enough to know that "any1" is not a proper spelling, even if they don't know a single word of English. And obviously the poster had a reasonably good grasp of English (he was able to spell "putting" and "know" correctly and his grammar was relatively good), good enough that I'm very sure he knows that "u" and "ur" are not correct spellings. Spelling like that is just lazy, regardless of what your native tongue is, and does make the writer appear to be as dumb as a bowl of mice.

In the future, I'll try to ignore genuine spelling errors like "easilly", but when I come upon a post with more lazy abbreviations like "any1" and "ur" than real words, I've no obligation to be terribly pleasant about it.
swirlee

Postby Oleg Butuzov » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:45 pm

thanks for your comprehension.
Oleg Butuzov
Last Samuray
Last Samuray

Return to PHP Scripts