General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

yearling
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

PHP Editor ...

Postby yearling » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:18 am

Dear all,

I have a little question about a PHP editor ...

In fact, till now, I've made a lot of programmation with ASP to make requests to my database. I use Ultradev Dreamweaver, that is one of the best products, to write my web pages.

Now, I would like to use PHP to make requests on my database but I don't know what are the best products that I can use. I would like to find a product like Ultradev Dreamweaver because I like to write code onto my web pages and I like to understand the aim of each instuction.

If you have some ideas about this question, you can share your ideas. You can also give me some web addresses where I can go to find some kind of information.

Thanks a lot ...

Romantik
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Romantik » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:45 am

Ultradev Dreamweaver- one of best editors for PHP

WiZARD

Re: PHP Editor ...

Postby WiZARD » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:52 am

Hi yearling!
I know what the Dreamweaver UltraDev/MX it's good but at youre place i'm doing connection by hand :!:

Eloff
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Eloff » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:03 pm

The best editor I've found for php is the zend development environment. I used to use dreamweaver, but this is much better and includes a debugger. Still, I find that I much prefer Visual Studio .NET over any IDE I've tried, but, of course, they don't support php :x. Almost makes me switch to ASP.NET, it's just so much easier to write and manage large coding projects.

tbone2k
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

emacs, emacs, emacs...

Postby tbone2k » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:41 am

Why not use the best text editor of them all: emacs (http://www.emacs.org)
It won't do any work for you (dreamweaver etc...) but if you want to understand every single statement then its unbeatable. You can install an HTML/PHP List package which will highlight code and indent for you.

Return to “PHP General”