Could you please help me? I'm trying to run php on IIS in Windows 7 and when I try to install it following every step closely from php.net, it gives me an error:
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
An unknown FastCGI error occurred
Error Code: 0x8007010b
Requested URL: http://localhost:80/index.php
Physical Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.php
Logon Method: Anonymous
Logon User: Anonymous
I have no clue what I did wrong or what is wrong. Here's how I tried to install it:
enabled IIS and CGI
control panel > programs > Turn Windows features on or off > enabled Internet Information Service > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > enabled CGI (all other checkmarks in the Application Development Features are OFF)
http://localhost/ works with HTML now
downloaded and installed Microsoft 2008 C++ Runtime (x64) and did a Windows Update, updating it
downloaded PHP 5.4.15 VC9 x86 Non Thread Safe. unzipped it onto desktop to folder "php"
inside the folder "php", renamed the file "php.ini-production" into "php.ini"
edited the php.ini file:
; extension_dir = "ext"
extension_dir = "ext"
also enabled these
left this line untouched
log_errors = On
;error_log = php_errors.log
error_log = php_errors.log
and created a file "php_errors.log" in the "php" folder
;cgi.force_redirect = 1
cgi.force_redirect = 0
;fastcgi.impersonate = 1
fastcgi.impersonate = 1
;fastcgi.logging = 0
fastcgi.logging = 0
followed these instructions:
1. In the Windows Start Menu choose "Run:", type "inetmgr" and click "Ok";
2. In the IIS Manager user interface select the server node in the "Connections" tree view;
3. In the "Features View" page open the "Handler Mappings" feature;
4. In the "Actions" pane click "Add Module Mapping...";
5. In the "Add Module Mapping" dialog enter the following:
Request path: *.php
6. Click "Request Restrictions" button and then configure the mapping to invoke handler only if request is mapped to a file or a folder;
7. Click OK on all the dialogs to save the configuration.
in command line application, entered these 3 lines, pressing the "Enter" key after each line:
%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config ^
-section:system.webServer/defaultDocument /+"files.[value='index.php']" ^
after entering these lines, the command line application said something, beginning with "Applied configuration changes..."