Where from I start to learn php

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

alfredo
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Where from I start to learn php

Postby alfredo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:17 am

I am Alfredo. You people know php and all other stuffs in web development are huge and too much elaborate. Where from I start? Can someone give me a guide line to become php expert?
I am 11 years old so cant get into college now.
Please help me :(

This post might be off topic so sorry but please help me by showing the right way.

Thank you,
Alfredo

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Where from I start to learn php

Postby seandisanti » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm

That's awesome that you're starting early, you should be able to catch up very quickly at your age. jream.com has some great videos for getting started for free, and there are a LOT of free resources online. make sure to check php.net for usage hints and to look up functions, and you've got a great resource in this forum also. here is the link to the jream basics videos. http://jream.com/learning/videos/php-basics and once you're comfortable with the basics, make sure to go on to the OOP videos on the same site. http://jream.com/learning/videos/php-oop He keeps the videos pretty short, but they're very informative without being overly structured, or dependent on experience.

alfredo
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby alfredo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:11 am

Awesome man! Thank you very much for the help :D

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Postby seandisanti » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 am

no problem, good luck to you

gauravpanwar99
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby gauravpanwar99 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:04 am

Actually it's best to learns from scratch. You can learn this by two ways, self or by training from a recognized institute. You can find Some here.
Grab some ebooks, video tuts from internet, and start,
Thats all !!

amywatson
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby amywatson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:19 am

It's really good to know that you are eager to learn this language at quite young age. Well, as far as knowledge is considered, age is no bar. You can learn any time any age if you have zeal of learning. I would suggest you some sites, that are quite good for a novice person to learn and know what PHP is all about, the basics, syntax's with examples and many more. PHP development is really in boom nowadays and people are hiring PHP developer for that.

I also want to give you one personal advice, while studying this language, do not ignore your studies as they are utmost important for you presently.

Also, while learning from these sites, you can have a look at few online learning tutorials, dvd's and etc stuff.

The sites are
W3schools[.]com
PHP[.]about[.]com
Lynda[.]com -> PHP tutorials
Net[.]tutsplus[.]com/tutorials/php/the-best-way-to-learn-php/

*Note - for opening these, replace the brackets, then you can easily open them.

If you still need any assistance, then feel free to repy..

ausz99
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby ausz99 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:54 am

Hi

I am self taught in PHP and can suggest the following things: -

1. Start out by looking at some scripts. Don't force yourself to understand them but if something sticks then that is great.

2. As seandisanti mentions jream.com is very good although I wouldn't stick to just one person, remember with coding there are many different ways of writing code and you might find one way works better for you. Another Youtube user I liked when I first started learning was http://tutvid.com/. Take in as much as you can from Youtube but don't force yourself to get it straight away, whatever sinks in is a bonus.

3. Now the part that sucks, if you think you are getting the basics of PHP go to Waterstones or a simular book shop and get some books and learn. Don't be tempted to look at some of the code and think "Yeah I know this bit, I'll skip on a few pages to where we start building a site" because you'll only regret it.

Once you have completed reading the books then set yourself a dummy website to build. My advice would be something simply like a site which sells books, CD's and posters. It doesn't matter too much what the site is but it will get you learning the parts of PHP that are usually overlooked in tutorial books and only found out through building sites, be ready for hours of hunting sites like this for the code you need.

When you start building dummy sites I would suggest downloading Netbeans for editing your code, and Wamp (PC) or Mamp (Mac) for testing them.

Hope that helps!

Regards

coding123
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby coding123 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 am

Hello,

I'm a Yii developer and I would suggest learning the basics first. You should get familiar with common things like functions, classes etc. Once you know the basics you can proceed by creating small interesting projects. Be patient at learning. You will not get good over night. It takes time to get comfortable with programming. Since you are young, perhaps watching video tutorials might be more interesting for you to start from.

Regards,

Return to “PHP General”