Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => Mail

Selectable pre-written messages?

the mail() function

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Selectable pre-written messages?

Postby bluefrog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 am

Hi I'm new here and a very novice php coder, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I am trying to code a form which has the following characteristics;

Pre filled email (to)
Pre filled subject (selection)
Pre filled message (selection) with links (html)

I can code the form itself, html is easy-ish, what I'm having trouble with is populating the subject and message fields.

I know how to include an external file with variables in, but I have no idea how to make them into a selectable form, also I have found that the <textarea> tag strips html so live links cannot be included - which I need.

This form is for my own personal use, no other person will be using it as I am using it to send email to my small client list.

I am not using a database except if you consider a flat-file a DB, settings are stored in a php document.

Any and all help welcomed :)

While I'm here, my server no longer accepts php_mail, does anybody know of a good alternative to send from my server?

bluefrog
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Selectable pre-written messages?

Postby satalways » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 am

Dear bluefrog,

You can use famous phpMailer class http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net. You can found example codes and source at their website.

Regards
satalways
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Selectable pre-written messages?

Postby bluefrog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 am

Thank you, I'd just found it myself too lol.

That's the 'bones' of it sorted out at least, just this selectable message bit, I can't find anything on it anywhere, maybe I'm not searching the correct terms?
bluefrog
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => Mail