Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Bar Free time

Hostgator & Free Dedicated IP

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Hostgator & Free Dedicated IP

Postby Anprofis » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:34 am

Hello, guys! I from Russia and I can slightly speak english.) The fact is that in our country very small information about the hostgator. And I decided write here.

I have a account on the hostgator - package "Business", and I want to take the free dedicated IP. I found a page for this - https://secure.hostgator.com/ip.php

But there have two of item, who I can not understand:

* Your primary domain name <--- What is it? What must I specify here?

* Your username & Your password <--- Must I specify here my a new username and a password? or old data?

Could you help me with it? Thanks!
Anprofis
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Hostgator & Free Dedicated IP

Postby seandisanti » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 am

I find it very hard to believe that you have a hosting account without being familiar with those two terms, but whatever i'll play along.

The form you're looking at looks to be a request form for a dedicated IP. As it would make no sense at all for them to try to assign a static ip to a noncustomer, they ask for your account details there. Personally I think there are a lot of better ways they could have done the same thing after having you log into your account, but they claim to host millions of domains and I'm sitting here responding to a fairly obvious troll so blah. assuming your website is http://anprofis.com, your full domain name would be anprofis.com. your username and password would be credentials that you'd already setup when registering your domain, presumably so they can associate the request with an active account.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to Free time