PHP Captcha code editing

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: PHP Captcha code editing

Post by seandisanti » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 am

the easiest way to get exactly what you want is to do it yourself. Assuming you are better at actionscript than php, you can use php.net/function_name to research the functions listed in your php code that aren't immediately obvious (or we can help also) and the recreate the functionality in your actionscript. I know that sounds like more work, and i guess it is more work than having someone just make what you've found work but you will like the result a lot more if you go that route.

ok, that said, the script that you've posted is handling post data from a form submission. you can use DOM interaction to submit a form without a click, but you're still going to need to submit as a form in order to access POST variables. you could do it with get variables (passing values to the page via viewable url changes), but it would completely defeat the purpose and just be a waste of time.

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: PHP Captcha code editing

Post by seandisanti » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 am

a function I always include in my functions.php file for any project is redirect_to(). I picked it up from a lynda.com video and it just stuck.

Code: Select all

function redirect_to( $location = NULL ) {
	if ($location != NULL) {
		header("Location: {$location}");
		exit;
		}
	}
you can of course use the header() to redirect without the wrapper, but this way just resonates a little better with me somehow. anyway, on wrong submission, just redirect_to the same page.