Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

Programmer Wanted...PHP or new route?

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Programmer Wanted...PHP or new route?

Postby bdetcinc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 am

This is my first time posting anything in this forum...

I don't have a computer background, but I designed a website that is being built in PHP and I am running into several issues with the programmer. The site is fairly complex with three user types (buyers, sellers, and reps) and several functions for each one, site replication for reps and downline/commissions tracking for 5 levels of Multi-Level Marketing, posts/blogs with media and attachments similar to Facebook, email and SMS notifications, back-end management, admin, and more.

The challenges I am facing:

- the site has been under construction for over a year when I was told it would be completed within two months...it should be completed asap
- almost every time the programmer updates some functions on the site, some other functions seem to fail (not always seemingly related)
- the programmer is non English-speaking...the product is not being delivered in correct English, and the language barrier makes a lot of the work take much longer than necessary

I am looking for someone to take over the project, address the unfinished items, and make what has been created already function properly without constant malfunctions.

I have heard arguments that PHP is flawed to begin with and wondering if it would make more sense to finish the project in PHP (since so many of the functions are built out and have functioned at one time) or have the site rebuilt in another program that will not malfunction so often.

Any words of wisdom or solutions would be appreciated, I am willing to pay market rate or other reasonable consideration for actual work done.
bdetcinc
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Programmer Wanted...PHP or new route?

Postby seandisanti » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 am

There's a jobs forum that this may be better suited for.
seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP General