GetYourGuide.com, an online booking website for tours and activities, is one of the fastest growing startups in travel. From bus sightseeing in London to shark diving in Cape Town, our goal is nothing short of making every tour & activity in the world bookable for travelers everywhere. Our official partners include TripAdvisor, Opodo, STA Travel and many more.
We are looking for passionate new employees to join our international team in Berlin. If you want to take a front seat in shaping the trajectory of a young company, GetYourGuide will be the place for you.
GetYourGuide is expanding its IT Department in Zurich as well as creating a secondary team in Berlin, and needs experienced PHP Developers for both locations. Junior and Senior level positions are available in both cities.
● Enhancing and evolving GetYourGuide’s e-commerce platform
● Designing and developing quality technical solutions for challenging problems
● Fostering the development of new features and functionalities
● Actively participating in the team's scrum and development processes
● College degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related discipline
● Must be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
● Experience in a structured development environment
● Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
● Experience with agile software development (Scrum) and relational databases
● Good command of (IT-related) English
Why join us?
● Cutting Edge Web Development
● Large responsibilities from day one and flat hierarchies
● Full-time position starting immediately
● International team and flat hierarchies
● Pizza Fridays with beer from 6pm and other start-up perks
How to apply?
Please send us your CV as well as a letter of motivation to email@example.com
with the subject line “PHP Developer Berlin” or to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “PHP Developer Zurich” and tell us why do you want to work for GetYourGuide.
Please enclose a short PHP script, which solves the following problem:
Enter all numbers from 1 to 100. When the number is a multiple of 3, the word 'Hello' should appear instead of the number. When the number is a multiple of 5, the word 'World' should appear instead of the number.
When the number is a multiple of 3 and 5, the phrase 'Hello World' should appear instead of the number.
We're a casual dress, fun, thriving start-up with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future. If we've sparked your interest, drop us an email with your resume, your motivation letter and we will talk.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!