Risks of newbies developing apps

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

NigelRen
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Risks of newbies developing apps

Postby NigelRen » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:27 pm

Wonder if PHP has made this better or worse...
The citizen developer: A security risk that can’t be ignored: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/cio-in ... ag=nl.e055.

IMHO - developers using PHP are probably the worst offenders and when answering some of the posts on here I worry that these applications may be used in genuine scenarios.

Scoodo
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Risks of newbies developing apps

Postby Scoodo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 am

Well that's definitely an interesting article, and it certainly raises some extremely valid and strong points, but where would we be without the weekender playing around, we'd have never established organisations like Ebay, and some of the technology that gets pushed further is by those who do develop on the "I wonder" basis,

I do have to agree with you overall, and I can see the extreme risks the outside developer can pose to business information and the infrastructures inside of businesses, but as these things develop, we also develop new security procedures and protocols, so once again the world continues to evolve.

I think the key in the end, is to really be careful, if a developer or a innovator is turning to churning out a project, that will be released they then need the key testing, and perhaps the best way to make something more secure is to open it up, make it open source so people can really analyse, and lose your business edge. (Keep it secret, risk a mistake, make the information free and you lose your unique selling point/edge).

Return to “Free time”