Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Database mySQL & php coding

Problem with code for a form that connects with MySQL

Codes here !

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Problem with code for a form that connects with MySQL

Postby tsarge5 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 pm

I am having problems with creating a PHP form for a web site that popluates a MySQL database.

here is the error message I am getting at the following URL: http://www.laboro.biz/employer.php

ERROR MESSAGE:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hermes/bosoraweb013/b1108/ywh.tsarge83/laboro/employer-FormToEmail.php on line 198

the other file that is the action file is http://www.laboro.biz/employer-FormToEmail.php

I need help with scripting to make this work.

Can anyone please help?

Here is the code of the action form:
I am having problems with creating a PHP form for a web site that popluates a MySQL database.

here is the error message I am getting at the following URL: http://www.laboro.biz/employer.php

ERROR MESSAGE:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hermes/bosoraweb013/b1108/ywh.tsarge83/laboro/employer-FormToEmail.php on line 198

the other file that is the action file is http://www.laboro.biz/employer-FormToEmail.php

I need help with scripting to make this work.

Can anyone please help?

Here is the code for employer-FormToEmail.php:

<?php

$link = mysql_connect('tsarge83.yourwebhostingmysql.com', 'tsarge2', '*Tomcat20*');
if (!$link) {
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully';
mysql_select_db(laboroemployer);

$con = mysql_connect("employername", "address", "phonenumber", "positiontitle", "positionlocation", "positiondescription", "mandatorycriteria", "optionalcriteria", "educationrequirments", "desiredstartdate", "salaryrange");
if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db("my_db", $con);

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (employername)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (address)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (phonenumber)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (positiontitle)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (positionlocation)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (positiondescription)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (mandatorycriteria)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (optionalcriteria)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (educationrequirments)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (desiredstartdate)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

mysql_query("INSERT INTO employertable (salaryrange)
VALUES ($_getfrom)");

ini_set("SMTP","tsarge83.yourwebhosting.com");
ini_set("smtp_port","25");
ini_set('sendmail_from', 'tom@laboro.biz');

$my_email = "tom@laboro.biz";

/*

Enter the continue link to offer the user after the form is sent. If you do not change this, your visitor will be given a continue link to your homepage.

If you do change it, remove the "/" symbol below and replace with the name of the page to link to, eg: "mypage.htm" or "http://www.elsewhere.com/page.htm"

*/

$continue = "/";

/*

Step 3:

Save this file (FormToEmail.php) and upload it together with your webpage containing the form to your webspace. IMPORTANT - The file name is case sensitive! You must save it exactly as it is named above! Do not put this script in your cgi-bin directory (folder) it may not work from there.

THAT'S IT, FINISHED!

You do not need to make any changes below this line.

*/

$errors = array();

// Remove $_COOKIE elements from $_REQUEST.

if(count($_COOKIE)){foreach(array_keys($_COOKIE) as $value){unset($_REQUEST[$value]);}}

// Check all fields for an email header.

function recursive_array_check_header($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+)(content-type:|to:|cc:|bcc:)/i",$element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_header($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_header($_REQUEST);

if($set){$errors[] = "You cannot send an email header";}

unset($set);

// Validate email field.

if(isset($_REQUEST['email']) && !empty($_REQUEST['email']))
{

if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+|:)/i",$_REQUEST['email'])){$errors[] = "Email address may not contain a new line or a colon";}

$_REQUEST['email'] = trim($_REQUEST['email']);

if(substr_count($_REQUEST['email'],"@") != 1 || stristr($_REQUEST['email']," ")){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_email = explode("@",$_REQUEST['email']);if(empty($exploded_email[0]) || strlen($exploded_email[0]) > 64 || empty($exploded_email[1])){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{if(substr_count($exploded_email[1],".") == 0){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_domain = explode(".",$exploded_email[1]);if(in_array("",$exploded_domain)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{foreach($exploded_domain as $value){if(strlen($value) > 63 || !preg_match('/^[a-z0-9-]+$/i',$value)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid"; break;}}}}}}

}

//DWM Error Checking
if(empty($_REQUEST['employername'])) {$errors[] = "Employer Name must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['phonenumber'])) {$errors[] = "Phone Number must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['positiontitle'])) {$errors[] = "Position Title must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['positionlocation'])) {$errors[] = "Position Location must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['positiondescription'])) {$errors[] = "Position Description must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['mandatorycriteria'])) {$errors[] = "Mandatory Criteria must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['optionalcriteria'])) {$errors[] = "Optional Criteria must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['educationrequirements'])) {$errors[] = "Education Requirements";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['desiredstartdate'])) {$errors[] = "Desired start date must be filled out";}
if(empty($_REQUEST['salaryrange'])) {$errors[] = "Salary Range must be filled out";}

// Check referrer is from same site.

if(!(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']))){$errors[] = "You must enable referrer logging to use the form";}

// Check for a blank form.

function recursive_array_check_blank($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(!empty($element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_blank($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_blank($_REQUEST);

if(!$set){$errors[] = "You cannot send a blank form";}

unset($set);

// Display any errors and exit if errors exist.

if(count($errors)) {
print"<center>";
print"There were problems with the information you submitted. Please review the error(s) below and click the BACK button to correct them.<BR><BR>";
foreach($errors as $value){print "<b<font color='red'>$value</font></b><br>";}

print"<BR><BR><a href=\"javascript: history.go(-1)\">Back</a>";

exit;
}
if(!defined("PHP_EOL")){define("PHP_EOL", strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == "WIN") ? "\r\n" : "\n");}

// Build message.

function build_message($request_input){if(!isset($message_output)){$message_output ="";}if(!is_array($request_input)){$message_output = $request_input;}else{foreach($request_input as $key => $value){if(!empty($value)){if(!is_numeric($key)){$message_output .= str_replace("_"," ",ucfirst($key)).": ".build_message($value).PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL;}else{$message_output .= build_message($value).", ";}}}}return rtrim($message_output,", ");}

$message = build_message($_REQUEST);

$message = $message . PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL."-- ".PHP_EOL."";

$message = stripslashes($message);

$subject = "LABORO EMPLOYER POSITION SUBMISSION";

$headers = "From: " . $_REQUEST['email'];

mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);

<?php

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>
<title>THANK YOU!</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">

<div>
<center>

<span class="style1"><b>Thank you&nbsp; very much!<?php print stripslashes($_REQUEST['name']); ?></b><br>
Your position has been submitted<br>and will be posted as soon as possible.<br>
</span>&nbsp;<p><span class="style1"><a href="<?php print $continue; ?>">Click here to continue</a></span></p>
</center>
</div>

</body>
</html>
tsarge5
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Problem with code for a form that connects with MySQL

Postby freshnet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 am

You have started a second <?php block when I think you meant to end the first one.

Code: Select all

<?php

Should be

Code: Select all

?>

freshnet
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User