PHP with Dreamweaver (on XAMPP) (login script)

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

chunkymonkey11
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

PHP with Dreamweaver (on XAMPP) (login script)

Postby chunkymonkey11 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 am

Hi guys, I am new to using PHP and HTML and any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to make a website for my business, and I bought Dreamweaver and Installed XAMPP on my Win 7 computer. The HTML design was simple to make, but when I tried making a login system I was told to create a PHP script. I went online I found some great videos on how to script PHP in Dreamweaver. The first problem I encounter is when I start typing PHP inside Dreamweaver; the starting (<?php) don't turn red, the whole script stays normal text black. My HTML and PHP login files are not saved in my XAMPP htdocs, they are saved in a folder on my desktop. When I finished my PHP script (still in normal text color) and click on the html file to test it out, my html does not execute the login that my PHP script tells it to do. When I type in username and password then click submit (in my html file), a dialog box opens telling me to save or open the php login file. I tried to give you as much information as possible, and any help would be great! I though starting a business was the hard part, but I was mistaken. So in short: :help:

johnj
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Re: PHP with Dreamweaver (on XAMPP) (login script)

Postby johnj » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 am

1. make sure that your php files are saved with dot php extension. e.g. if you have a php file called 'student' then it should be saved as student.php

2.make sure your php file is saved at the root...probably in /xampp/htdocs.

3. make sure you have php installed in your machine.

johnj
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Re: PHP with Dreamweaver (on XAMPP) (login script)

Postby johnj » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:50 am

if you want examples, then you can try the examples on this blog:
http://phillipnb.wordpress.com

Return to “PHP General”