Developing your own website

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

bliss
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Developing your own website

Postby bliss » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Have you ever developed your own website from scratch? If so, what software did you use to make it? Personally anytime I have a new project I make the design from scratch and use Dreamweaver and Photoshop to do so :)

faust
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Developing your own website

Postby faust » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:34 am

I used to do that too, but I found that Dreamweaver is best for designers and not real coding like php, asp, js and such. I use Eclipse (or if you preffer NetBeans). It has a lot more functionality that Dreamweaver, supports SVN, git etc. As for the design, photoshop is ok for the graphic design but I still code the css in eclipse by hand (I don't like some automated system writing it for me).
And last but not least - yes, I have done my own website from scratch. But lately, I found that this is not the best solution if you are working alone. There's nothing wrong with writing everything from scratch but why rediscovering the wheel? You should find a framework that works best for you, learn it and develop on top of it. I'm not talking about free ready cms like joomla / wordpress. I'm talking about framework like Prado, Yii, CodeIgniter, Laravel etc. I started learning Laravel and I think it's great for my needs. It's clean, written entirely on php 5.3, html5 support, easy to use, modular, mvc etc. Don't get me wront - there's nothing wrong in writing your php from scratch without any framework but it's harder to extend and support in the future.

Aileefaria
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Developing your own website

Postby Aileefaria » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.You seem to be more practicable! keep up the good work! ,I've gain more knowledge and good information from your post thanks.

High school diploma online

Return to “PHP General”