Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP General

Is Zend "required" to get a good job these days?

General discussions related to php

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Is Zend "required" to get a good job these days?

Postby Suedish » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 am

I am a happy amateur looking to start working with webdevelopment, I've been coding for a couple of years and made quite a few projects which imho has turned out quite will, but the last two years I haven't programmed at all. I got decent knowledge about php/oop/mysql which has served me well in the past, and now that I am intending to get a job with this in a couple of months or so, I am wondering if I should (have to?) learn Zend to be able to get a job, or can I continue on without it? Is that a skill that is very sought after these days?
Suedish
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Is Zend "required" to get a good job these days?

Postby Nullsig » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 am

Knowledge of Zend like libraries are probably recommended to set you apart from other applicants, but it isn't required. The library you will need to know is based on the job you are applying for.

My personal philosophy is that understanding how to code without the libraries, and having a strong OOPHP knowledge is better than knowing a specific library. Add to that a strong knowledge of the client server relationship of PHP and JavaScript (If you are trying to call PHP functions in your JS or PHP in your JS you fail), and you will be golden.
Nullsig
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Return to PHP General