I am newbabie for PHP. I have installed php in my fedora 15 system by using tarball, it was installed successfully. When I created a sample page for testing, it executed on the command prompt but not on the browser. I will tell you what I have done.
1) Download the tarball php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
from the recognized site of php.
2) Then I have extracted it in home dir. by creating folder /php/php-5.3.9
3) After that [root]# cd /php/php-5.3.9
then it look like that [php-5.3.9]#
4) I have excuted the command along with different options [php-5.3.9]# ./configure enable-maintainer-zts disable-cgi enable-cli \
disable-pear disable-xml disable-sqlite \
I have executed all the option one by one
5) Then I have executed the command[php-5.3.9]# make all install
this command install php in my system.
6) Then I executed command service httpd restart
to restart the server.
After php installation , I created the php page by using phpinfo();
like that <? phpinfo(); ?>
and save it index.php
and put this file into /var/www/html/
location but when I was access it by typing http://localhost/index.php
it retured blank page but when I executed phpinfo();
from command prompt it work fine.
I have again executed command service httpd restart
to restart the server but doesn't effect.
I am sure I have done a blundder mistake because lack of knowlege. Is anyone is there to help me to out of this??? Please help me.
Thanks and Regards,