The Deep Internet Secrets Seminar will help you understand the Internet more and use that information productively.
Imagine, using Face book daily to earn even more money as a VA? You'll learn how to do this by becoming a "digital marketer" or "social media manager". You'll get checklists on how they use Face book, Twitter, Blogs to create buzz for their companies and get paid handsomely at the same time.
You'll also face the internet with more courage, knowing the right things to so, all the shortcuts to do your work faster.
You'll know what to ignore in the confusing mass of information in the internet.
And you'll know what to pay attention to.
All those acronyms you encounter online? You'll know how to use them for your benefit.
Finally, you'll understand how to use things like: CSS, RSS, HTML, DNS, CNAMES, XML, apps, HTTPS.
After downloading bunch of eBooks with overflowing technicalities and terms I thought came from outer space, I've tried to comprehend what's it all about and ended up getting a massive headache. Now here's my chance to finally understand them all.
You want to understand how the internet works but
....you want to skip the boring parts (history, inventor's name, topology, yawn)?
... you want to skip the nice-to-know parts (Netscape, nuclear war design, packet switching)?
and skip to the parts that you can ACTUALLY use EVERY DAY so that:
...you can be more efficient using the internet?
...you don't stop cold, fearing that you have no idea what you're doing -when you're looking at code
...you don't want to be a geek but you want to be able to talk to one, or to a designer, or to a net marketer.
If you answer yes, this seminar can help you!
Virtual Assistants and those who want to use the internet skillfully: It's time to upgrade!
In the early internet years, I taught my office mates how to use XML and made them use it in our old-internet allergic office. I also taught my pre-teen brothers and sisters (there are a lot of them, we're 13 in the family) how to create HTML and CSS files. It took all of 30 minutes per person. I've had the privilege of teaching the internet to our office's vice presidents back in 1996-1997.
You can benefit from all this experience I've had with training any kind of person very technical things.
The Deep Internet Secrets Seminar will help you understand and use the internet in ways that even your teenage on-lookers will say "Wow, you're an expert in the internet!".
Learn new lessons and programs that will surely level-up your skill as a VA or online marketer. Learn more about HTML, CSS, DNS servers, Apps and much more. Like my other seminars, our objective is to make the seminar fun and entertaining while you remember what these tools are and how they work.
VA Advanced Seminar 202: Deep Internet Secrets is hands-on, bring your own laptop - but internet is not needed. Note1: we will not be using the computer all day, only during select parts. If you don't bring a computer, its okay - you just have to look at your seatmate's computer instead.
Note2: We won't use the internet, if you prefer to be online, PLEASE bring your own online connection.
Note3: Attending the "How to work from home as a virtual assistant" is NOT A PRE-REQUISITE to attend this event, for now. If you want to attend that seminar, please click here.
What you can expect, deep internet basics you should know:
1. you’ll know how to access the Deep web - you don’t see it, but it's there! Most people rely on Google to know something, but that's just accessing 20% of the internet. Find out where the deep web is located - beyond Google. You just have to know where to look.
2. You'll learn how to read, modify and manipulate XML / CSS / XHTML and more importantly you'll know why you should know this skill.
3. You'll see some examples of HTML5 and its relation to flash, the darling of web video. Plus you'll know why it's important to know this.
6. You'll be introduced to memes and their power over marketing online and where and how to spot them.
7. The secrets of RSS, RSS Readers, and I Google will be unlocked for you.
Yes, yes you probably know what they mean, but have you used that knowledge to gain more income for you??? That's what this seminar is about -if you're planning to work at home as a VA.
8. You'll learn the most useful Browser extensions (and what they are) and how to use them.
9, you’ll learn what the Refresh Button is for, "the hidden" loading message in most browsers and how and when to use the Safari Developer Menu
9. You'll learn how to talk to Web Designers, know their lingo and their passions!
10. You'll learn how to talk to Web Developers, know their lingo and their passions!
11. You'll learn how to quickly upload images to the internet (even automatic image hosting) and how you can use it anywhere.
12. You'll learn the most important things about the "TP" in http, https, ftp vs. the "web". No, you won't know the boring history, just the usable parts.
13. You'll learn the secrets of always using Macros and Shortcuts (Trackpad, Mouse, Gestures, Mouse Gestures & shortcuts) in maximizing computer efficiency and minimizing time in front of the computer.
14. You'll learn the value of "Reading the Manual" and what miracles it can do for you.
15. You'll learn all about the acronyms that still matter: IRL, DNS, Forwards, Cnames, Hosting - and how they fit in a VA's life.
17. You'll learn the use of excessive commenting to save your life and sanity.
18. You'll learn how to use the Face book Open Graph without the intensely nerdy parts.
19. You'll learn a lot of new tools that can prove you invaluable to your client like using a webapp to test your site on different browsers.
20. You'll learn how important Namespaces and naming is on the internet and how you can respect it earn maximum value from your ventures.
And that's only part of the day. The rest of the day we'll be talking about Social Media Manager's tools and checklists.
More details to come about that part!
May 1, 2012. Tuesday,9am to 6pm at Rosewood Pointe, Taguig
How to go to Rosewood: http://www.bit.ly/rosewoodpointe
Avail of the Early Bird Discount: P 2,375/$55, pay on or before March 16, 2012, Friday
Special Discount: P 2,675/$61, pay on or before April 3, 2012, Tuesday
Regular Rate: P 2,975, pay on or before April 30, 2012, Wednesday
Walk In Rate: P 3,375, pay on or before May 1, 2012, Tuesday
Come alone: http://jhilario.com/deepone
Come in pairs:
Add P 1500 only to bring another person with you.
Click below to reserve two seats:http://jhilario.com/deeptwoseats
You may also deposit the amount of P 2975 to BPI Savings Account/ 3216-3898-62 / Jose Mario R Hilario then fill up the details here: http://jhilario.com/paymentdetails
then email email@example.com