Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Linux installation - no php.ini created

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Linux installation - no php.ini created

Postby SINEKT » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:42 am

This attempt comes after an initial installation of AMP last year, in september. I removed Apache and PHP and I downloaded some new versions, because I had problems with something on a website. I have CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.3.8 and PHP 5.4. Apache and MySQL are installed and functioning normally, working website accessible from browser, databases accessible using navicat. The problem is I can't make PHP work again.

I took the archive, extracted it, then:

1../configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --disable-debug --enable-ftp --enable-inline-optimization --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --enable-mm=shared --enable-safe-mode --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-sid --enable-wddx=shared --enable-xml --with-dom --with-gd --with-gettext --with-mysql-dir=/usr/ --with-regex=system --with-xml --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib/php.ini

Make

3. Make install

All without errors, except the first one, where it says it does not recognize some parameters (ie those with --), but it does not matter that much, I think: unrecognized options: --enable-magic-quotes, --enable-mm, --enable-safe-mode, --enable-track-vars, --enable-trans-sid, --with-dom, --with-mysql-dir, --with-xml. Besides, there are no other errors during compilation and installation. But after installation, there is no php.ini anywhere on the hard drive.

What should I do? Maybe I was tired and missed something...

PS: Note that for --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib/php.ini, I tried with file path (how it is written here), with directory path, (/usr/local/lib), and no option (the default path) and it still does not work, no php.ini file anywhere.
SINEKT
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Linux installation - no php.ini created

Postby obelix918 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 am

Hi my Friend.
I am new in this forum, but I have the feeling that nobody answer question here, and no help around.
Many posts remain without any reply. I will follow what you mentioned in your post and revert to you with possible solution.
If there is any Moderator around, I want to say that Moderator shall find solution to at least give some solutions to posts in the forum.
thanks
obelix918
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Linux installation - no php.ini created

Postby egami » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

Typically, php.ini is in /etc

However, doing the manual install it would be hard to say.

Why not just use "yum" or "apget" (depending on your OS) to install php and the mods?
egami
php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Return to PHP Installation