I want an email filter to redirect to Email Provider Page

the mail() function

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

SiAmStat
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

I want an email filter to redirect to Email Provider Page

Postby SiAmStat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi guys. I'm a mediocre website designer i can handle html , JS a little , with PHP i can understand code but i'm to noob to actualy make something of my own :) just Edit, i'm still learning and atm i'm working on a web project and I'm struggling to find a way to Filter email addresses to redirect my New Members to their e-mail provider, for example if they would register newmmember@hotmail.com to be forwarded to www.hotmail.com so they would login and activate their account, or if they have @yahoo.com to be forwarded there . Can you please point out a few things i'm eager to learn how to Forward User to email provider after he creates his account . Or how can i forward email to URL inside my webpage , this could help me with another ideea i have, again this would have to be filtered @yahoo.com , @hotmail.com etc , to be forwarded to a local URL inside the site depending on what Email Provider they enter . I know this is a lot to ask but if you could point me out on the right path i would really appreciate all your help . Cheers

TheProdigyGuy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: I want an email filter to redirect to Email Provider Pag

Postby TheProdigyGuy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Hello SiAmStat.
If i understand correctly you are about:

Code: Select all

<?php
error_reporting('off');
$email='user@atnotexistdomain.com';

if (!filter_var($email,FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) die('You Mail Address is not correct!');

$useremail=filter_var($email,FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL);
if (isset($useremail) && !empty($useremail) && substr_count($useremail,'@')==1 && substr($useremail,0,1) !='@')
{
$position=strrpos($useremail,'@');
echo 'Your mail Addr is: ' . str_repeat('*',$position) .substr($useremail,$position) . "<br>" .
' And Depending on your mail address you will be redirected to : ' . substr($useremail,$position+1,strlen($useremail));

}
else
{

die('Input is not valid!');
}

?>

But
Or how can i forward email to URL inside my webpage , this could help me with another ideea i have, again this would have to be filtered @yahoo.com , @hotmail.com etc , to be forwarded to a local URL inside the site depending on what Email Provider they enter .

This will be suspic .In ex: It will look like to Phishing attack.

Return to “PHP coding => Mail”