Newbie Question

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

tomcatmeow
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Newbie Question

Postby tomcatmeow » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 am

It's been a long time since I did any programming and I want to understand what I'm getting into here.
What I've read so far there seems to be 2 ways to set up an environment to do php programming.
One way is to install a system on your computer like wamp to create an evnvironment and the other is to use my ISP's system (hostgator). My question is what way is easiest and best? Is there any pros and cons to both methods? Is there an online site that I don't need to install anything to check my coding?
I think using hostgator would be more clutzy because I'd have to use ftp to upload all the time and then go check the webpage? I'm not sure how the wamp works yet but does it have an environment that shows your webpage, or do I have to load the URL each time and check it manually?
What I'm really trying to figure out is what is the easiest way to set up and environment for php learning.
I should also mention my computer is running with windows7 , I have a hostgator account as well.

jessie1
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Newbie Question

Postby jessie1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:27 am

I really want to know all about programming too.. but the problem is, when I say programming or think about programming, it seems that it's really difficult. Hmmm maybe I will know in the future.

mannhursthurst
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Newbie Question

Postby mannhursthurst » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 am

It's been a long time since I did any programming and I want to understand what I'm getting into here.
What I've read so far there seems to be 2 ways to set up an environment to do php programming.
One way is to install a system on your computer like wamp to create an evnvironment and the other is to use my ISP's system (hostgator). My question is what way is easiest and best? Is there any pros and cons to both methods? Is there an online site that I don't need to install anything to check my coding?

Return to “PHP Installation”