This is a full time, on-site, salaried Senior Web Engineer position located in San Francisco, CA paying $100,000-$140,000 depending on experience + benefits. Consultants considered as well. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only. Thank you.
Really smart people doing groundbreaking stuff. Building a unique mass-market service that gives individuals personalized health feedback based on their vital signs, especially heart rate. Along the way, we are also amassing the world’s single largest repository of vital signs -- a biometric data set few people have seen before but that you’ll get to work on every day. Based in the sunny part of San Francisco close to BART/MUNI and parking.
The Senior Web Engineer must be adept at PHP/Zend and the various technologies / protocols that drive and scale modern web applications. If you care about building a product that can improve the health of millions and analyzing the world’s single largest repository of vital signs, they want you.
* Design, implement, and maintain major portions of the server architecture and data visualization apps.
* Create and maintain the various APIs used by web and mobile applications.
* Help shape product direction, lead and own outcomes, and contribute to a fun culture with phenomenally talented colleagues.
* Technologies: PHP 5.3, Zend Framework (or similar MVC framework), php-activerecord, PHPUnit, Git, and jQuery.
* Commitment to agile processes, test-driven development, continuous deployment, pair programming and clean, well-documented code.
* Experience working on a high traffic web application.
* No offshore contractor inquiries please. You need to be local in the Bay Area and eligible to work in the US.
* Firm understanding of design patterns.
* Experience with FLOT, Canvas and data visualization tools.
* Actively contributed to open source software.
* Worked with Amazon Web Services and staged deployment environments.
* Experience interfacing with a firmware/hardware team.
* Experience with social games and the Facebook platform.
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing