Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Reconfiguring PHP?

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby abc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 am

Hello, I have PHP 4 (+apache 1.3 and MySQL4 - I know, outdated) installed on my Debian server. Unfortunately, I did not install it and I am very inexperienced with configuring PHP. What I need is to reconfigure it with LDAP installed. On php.net it states:

LDAP support in PHP is not enabled by default. You will need to use the --with-ldap[=DIR] configuration option when compiling PHP to enable LDAP support.

Seems pretty straightforward, but PHP is already configured...how would I go about reconfiguring it with this option enabled, and without messing anything existing up? Thanks.
abc
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby egami » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am

I think debian (*cough*) has the apget feature, to where you can just install it on top of the installation that is already there.

May have to do a little research to find out, but that should get you started in the right direction.
egami
php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Re: Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby PeterFischer » Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 am

Hi........
Download the tar file, and place it in your webtree. For the purposes of this tutorial, my wiki will sit in the root directory of the greenman.co.za server. Extract the file:

tar -zxvf phpwiki-1.3.12p1.tar.gz

Renaming the directory from phpwiki-1.3.12 to simply phpwiki, or even just wiki.

mv phpwiki-1.3.12p1 wiki

You can now access your wiki from a browser: http://greenman.co.za/wiki. Before you can do any editing, you'll first have to configure everything.
PeterFischer
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Installation