Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

Forms & PHP Problems

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Forms & PHP Problems

Postby andrewyatz » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:22 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I'm having with PHP and forms. I'm currently testing out how to use PHP and how to get it to interact with form data (using PHP 4.3 & Apache 1.3 on WinXP). I'm currently at the simple stage of echoing/printing out inputted data from a basic HTML form. When I use the files test.html & welcome.php together I get the following output:

Code: Select all

test.html
=========

<a href="welcome.php?name=Andy"> Hi, I'm Andy! </a>

welcome.php
===========

<?php
echo( "Welcome to our Web site, $name!" );
?>

output
======
"Welcome to our Web site, !"

I've even tried $HTTP_POST_VARS & $_POST and place this into the variable $name & then echo. This only produces the same result. I'm aware that this is very similar to a previous post however it was not fully resolved and I'm wondering if someone could shine a light onto the situation.

Could something be wrong in my PHP setup. I've done the basic setup to get it running with only reccomended editing of PHP.ini & httpd.conf (lines added to follow).

Code: Select all
LoadModule php4_module c:/php/php4apache.dll
AddModule mod_php4.c
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Thanks,

Andy Yates
andrewyatz
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Done it

Postby andrewyatz » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:58 pm

I didn't have:

register_globals = On

Switched on. Put it on just now & the thing works first-time. Strange how it was switched off before anyway no problems now :D
andrewyatz
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General