Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

need serious help

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

need serious help

Postby nullpunkt » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:58 am

i need some serious help... I have set up Apache 2.0 and PHP 4.0.0 on my windows... It all works fine except one thing... It won't let me write to any files... I have a guestbook and when I try to write a message I get alot of error messages... do i need to enable any extentions or something? because I've allready enabled every extention in the php.ini file and it still won't work

The errors that's repeating is:
Warning: fopen(messages.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/apbclan/kali.apb-clan.org/gb/guestbook.php
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/apbclan/kali.apb-clan.org/gb/guestbook.php

another wierd thing is that I've also changed the location for the guestbook so it should refere to my computer, but as you can see it don't...
nullpunkt
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby gesf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:44 am

Serious help or... help for a serious problem ? Just joking :D
Change permissions (Chmod) of your 'messages.txt' file!
gesf

Postby nullpunkt » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:43 am

how can i do that when it's on my computer? log on with an ftp program? because that's the only way i know....
nullpunkt
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby nullpunkt » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 am

I've posted a gb script that's not working on my local computer, but it worked fine at a host... please, if you have the time, take a look at it...

http://pastebin.com/377832
nullpunkt
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Installation