phpmyadmin doesn't display tables when selecting database

How to use phpmyadmin.... phpmyadmin related arguments. Even phpMyAdmin issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Siya
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

phpmyadmin doesn't display tables when selecting database

Postby Siya » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:46 am

phpmyadmin works well on the mysql database and on test databases. phpNuke doesn't complain about it's database but I can't use phpMyAdmin to administrate the phpNuke database as it contains 90 tables. Have manually created the database table by table using phpmyadmin. All went well untill the 90th table was created.

The error manifests itself by a white top/left frame displaying a mere "0". No HTML code or anything else just 0... I've checked everything and all seems to be well.

I've got no idea how to go about troubleshooting this so any help and pointers would be appreciated.

phpMyAdmin 2.6.0 and 2.5.6 both display the same problem...

Apache 2.0.48
PHP 4.3.8
Mysql 4.0.18

Regards,
Djerk Geurts

Redcircle

Postby Redcircle » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:56 am

I'm guessing that the database is corrupt

Siya
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Hmmm, thought of that and tried to find out

Postby Siya » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:00 am

corrupted database...

Well there must be something breaking the database then as everytime I create the database the same happens: "all commands executed correctly" bla bla bla...

Why doesn't phpMyAdmin tell me what's wrong then? Are there any tools PHPbased to verify DB consistency? My server is a lot faster now so I know it's not a timeout anywhere...

Appreciate your reaction, thanks.

ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Postby ruturajv » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:20 pm

Try re installing phpMyAdmin, please select the control user, which can access [READ] all the tables.

Siya
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Tried newest versions: Same problem

Postby Siya » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:27 pm

Hello,

I've tried new installations of phpmyadmin. even the latest 2.5.7 and 2.6.0 trains but still the same problem.

Done some more troubleshooting and it appear in Mozilla and Firefox on OS/2 and on IE and Mozilla on Win2k. So I don't think it's browser/client related, it's php isn't it?!...

So the following has been tried. Through priviledges I can select the database and get the tables to appear in the 'main' frame. There I deleted tables untill the problem disappears. 87 tables is the maximum I can admin at the moment. 88 tables gives the stated problem.

So I tried to open the left frame in a new tab (it's own window) and there I can select the database and all tables show up. Meaning that if this frame is the only one on the screen everything is ok. Now selecting a table will open yet another window with the 'main' frame in it. Not the desired solution but hey, I'm trying to find a solution.

The above together with the fact that my application (phpnuke) works fine with the database makes me believe the database is fine. So my conclusion is phpmyadmin has a bug. I'll try to report a bug in a sec. Still please feel free to comment or suggest anything. Apache/php/mysql do not report any error btw...

Siya
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Siya » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:29 pm

I've set up the pma database and checked consistency of the database and all seems to be fine...

Return to “phpMyAdmin”