Latest Posts

Bar discussions . Talk about everything not only php !. Guests are welcome here , forum registration is not required.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Cogen
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Latest Posts

Postby Cogen » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:16 pm

How about having a link on the top of the page like "View latest posts" that displays the last 10-20 posts (regardless of which thread topic its under)? The following list ....

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts

I'm having problems with those choices. For instance, the last time I was at this forum (about 1-2 hours ago) I saw some threads that I was going to read, but didn't have time. Now that I'm back, my "View posts since last visit" list has updated and I don't see them there anymore (which I understand is how it's supposed to work). I also don't know if they have been answered yet, but if they have then I'd like to read what the responses were. As of right now, I have to go into every Forum topic and view the latest posts of each one (or is there a way of viewing the most recent posts that I'm unaware of?). I am a member of another forum that has this feature, and I believe it's the most used link on the entire site.

Any way, this is just a suggestion. :)

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:54 pm

I don't think it's possible at the moment until a fix comes out for phpBB. But I'll have a look-see, and you'll get something in about 2 weeks!

Cogen
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Cogen » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:56 pm

Okay thanks. It was just an idea, I think the forum is pretty good already. :)

Return to “Free time”