Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: php coding PHP coding => General

PHP Frame Communication

Ask about general coding issues or problems here.

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

PHP Frame Communication

Postby csmith3pmg » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:33 am

If I have a page with two frames can I find the URL of one frame from within the other?

I need to find this so that clicking a link in the menu frame will only refresh the main frame if it needs to change.

Thanks in advance,
Chris S.
csmith3pmg
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby DoppyNL » Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:55 am

You will have to use javascript (or something simular) for that.
PHP is server side, not client side.

btw: why do you want to prevent that? If the user wants to click in the menu to load the page wich is allready loaded, let him. It's not like its gonna kill him or something :D
Don't make things that aren't really neccesary.
The more code you make, the more errors there are in you're code.

Greetz Daan
DoppyNL

The menu structure is kind of strange.

Postby csmith3pmg » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:14 am

This is going to be a web based call tracking system. It's a two tier menu in the top frame. The top tier is "Who is calling" which collects the type of caller (Provider, Client, Employee, etc).

Based on this choice a second tier appears below the first asking what they are calling about (Where's my check, I don't feel like working, etc).

After this second choice the bottom window will pop up with a form showing what information is required from the caller.

If only a top tier choice has been made I just need a generic make your choices above screen. It flashes when I switch from top tier choice to top tier choice and it was bugging me. I just thought it would be something good to do.

I hate writing javasript so I will probably go with the "It does't really hurt anything" philosophy.

Thanks for the reply,
Chris S
csmith3pmg
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP coding => General