Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

Building an online store...

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Building an online store...

Postby Alex » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:56 pm

Hey guys!
I've been asked to build a website for a company that wants to sell their product not only in their store, but also online. Such a website requires a lot of attention, careful planning and coding. The thing is though, i've never build such a site before and i don't really want to fully write something that someone else already wrote at least in part (in other words i don't want to reinvent the wheel). In any case, any suggestions on where to start, where to go, what payment system to use(i.e. if there is a big difference between all those payment systems out there). Any prewritten code i can use, but i would like to keep it proffesional and nongeneric. Im definately using PHP as the base language, but i still don't know which database i will have to use since i'm not the one who gets to descide...
Any suggestions would be really great!
Thanks in advance...

P.S. Can't wait for PHP 5 to come out, from all that i read about it's supposed to be awesome!!! :D
Alex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby liquedus » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:09 pm

check google for existing scripts... if you've never done something like this then you might not want to dive into a project where you will be handling someone's finances.... just a thought.
liquedus
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Re: Building an online store...

Postby WiZARD » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:07 am

as i know peaple use PayPal, but i'm really not using not in US i'm live..... :sad:
WiZARD

Re: Building an online store...

Postby WiZARD » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:08 am

as i know peaple use PayPal, but i'm really not using not in US i'm live..... :sad:
WiZARD

Return to PHP Scripts