Im looking for a PHP based ODBC interface...

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Alex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Im looking for a PHP based ODBC interface...

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:58 am

Hi!
I'm looking for a PHP based ODBC interface. Just something that will allow me to modify any odbc database such as msaccess or an excel document. If anyone has written such a script or knows where I can find one, I would really appreciate it.

Thanx in advance!
-Alex-

swirlee

Postby swirlee » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 pm

Alex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:46 pm

Thanks swirlee for your reply...
Well depending on what you meant by
RTFM
i will have to give you two answers:

If you meant it to say that that was a dumb question, than i would have to say that i'm sorry, because i just had a minute at work to write the entry, so i didnt think before posting the question. So let me put the question another way; I am looking for a PHP script that will create a GUI for creating, editing, and removing Microsoft Access databases on my server. Something similar to a MySQL GUI in PHPnuke or PostNuke...

If you meant it to say "Read The Manual" then i have to say that i already did, and i can write such a GUI, but i rarely have free time for now to even check my email nevermind the time to design, write and debug such a project. You could probably see from the question that i had an idea of using ODBC functions in order to interact with the databases (since in Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft focused a lot of their attention on making their product as ODBC compattible as possible, not that it wasnt compattible before...), but as i already said, i just dont have time to sit down and write such a script...

swirlee

Postby swirlee » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:41 pm

You could probably see from the question that i had an idea of using ODBC functions in order to interact with the databases (since in Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft focused a lot of their attention on making their product as ODBC compattible as possible, not that it wasnt compattible before...).

Ah. I see the problem. The above isn't at all the case. You see, when I think of interfaces, I think of programming interfaces, e.g. PHP's built-in ODBC functions. When you say interface, you mean a graphical user interface, e.g. PHPMyAdmin. Interesting.

Well, unfortunately, after all that I can't seem to find any scripts that do what you're after. No free ones, anyway. You can try Hotscripts.com, there might be something, but other than that I'm afraid I don't have much for you.

Return to “PHP Scripts”