Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

Automatic files upload to MySQL database

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Automatic files upload to MySQL database

Postby jrenzi » Mon May 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Here is my question.

I'm writing a website for a customer to manage pictures for his pacients, so I need to capture pictures from his digital camera.

The problem is that the users are very novice with computers, so I'm trying to come up with some rutine that automatically uploads the pictures from the camera.

What I need is when a user enters in the "capture" section, my script automatically would have to get the pictures from the camera path (it's a Kodak, so I can access by f:\DCIM\ etc for example) and upload it to the database.

Searching on the net I've read I can access local files with Filesystem Object in Javascript, but I need a way to upload automatically.

Does anyone know how to do this? Maybe with ajax, I don't know. As server language of course I'm using PHP.

Thanks in advance

Javier
jrenzi
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby sanketce » Mon May 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Yes this is possible,

you can set javascript time interval of whatever you like and call a javascript funciton for ajax script and able to insert records of photographs into the Mysql database.
sanketce
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby jrenzi » Tue May 09, 2006 4:20 am

Ok, do you have any code example?

I've never used ajax. Could you post some code of what you're saying to know where to start?

Or does someone know any other website where someone address this problem?

Thanks
jrenzi
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby sanketce » Thu May 11, 2006 1:22 am

sanketce
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Scripts