Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

multiple application login

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

multiple application login

Postby Skeletor » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:29 pm

Howdy.

I use phpbb (2 forums currently) and I am also getting ready to write a authentication app for the rest of my sight. I was going to try to write a unified authenticaion system so I can allow my users to signup and login in one area/form, and it will log them into all forums and other applications I have on my site. I was wondering if anyone knows of any scripts that have already been written that does this very same thing, allow a user one universal login/signup form for both a phpbb forum and other pages I wanted to restrict access to.

Thanks
Skeletor
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Alex » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:21 pm

If i were you i would start off by reading through phpbb login code and following the links to the user authentication functions themselves.
Then you will have to create a user authentication system that will manage logins similar to the way that phpbb does, so when the user loggs in and goes to the forum, user authentication will pick the user up as an already logged in user and will not display the login error... I think that you will have to write the code yourself though; from all the searches i've done so far, nothing came up that was worth taking a look at plus i bet it would be a lot quicker too then just searching and trying to modify someone's files...
Alex
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Scripts