Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

db paging: 404 not found

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

db paging: 404 not found

Postby mpgalvin » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:12 am

I've got a page that has a dropdown on it so that the user can select how many records to show on each page. I'm writing that value to a cookie, etc.

The values are 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25, but when I select '25' from the dropdown, I'm redirected to a 404. When I go back in, the 25 has been saved, and I can see the first 25 records. Also, sometimes '20' works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried ob_start, etc to try and break down what's going on, but I can't. Any help?

Admin: please move to php coding -> general forum
mpgalvin
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby pootergeist » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:17 am

I'd guess that you have a snag in your code somewhere.

If you'd be kind enough to show us the code we might have a much better chance of deducing exactly what is fubar.
pootergeist
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby mpgalvin » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:37 pm

All well and good, but since I'm still developing, there is no templating or anything going on, so the offending file is over 1500 lines long. And I have no idea whereabouts the 'problem' is. I'm pretty sure you don't want 1500 lines of code posted here :)

I uploaded the file to my domain, and it works perfectly, so it would appear to be just a local problem. No biggie - I'll just never cause the error, but it must be a local Apache setup thing. Right?
mpgalvin
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby WiZARD » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:52 am

mpgalvin wrote:All well and good, but since I'm still developing, there is no templating or anything going on, so the offending file is over 1500 lines long. And I have no idea whereabouts the 'problem' is. I'm pretty sure you don't want 1500 lines of code posted here :)

I uploaded the file to my domain, and it works perfectly, so it would appear to be just a local problem. No biggie - I'll just never cause the error, but it must be a local Apache setup thing. Right?

try find in your code place where you process form, couse submission it's just a form processing. maby you have a link at the SELF directive not correct or not existing file. Than you get error about not existing file and have error 404.
WiZARD

Postby mpgalvin » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:27 am

Y'see, the thing is it works fine under certain circumstances (yeah, the worst kind of bug to find). I suspect it's something to do with caching, and that online this has been done properly, but on my local server, it's still the basic level. Or something.
mpgalvin
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Scripts