Font type shown differently in live view and Dreamweaver des

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

IamNew
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Font type shown differently in live view and Dreamweaver des

Postby IamNew » Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 am

Hi there, I am in the middle of web development and I am using Dreamweaver CS 5.5. I have a habit of doing my design using split section which showing both code and design view. I have some condition here on the font type that I am desired to put in my web.
In the Design View, the font type displaying fine as what I have write in the code but when come to 'Live View' and browser 'Preview', it shows the different font.

My code:

Code: Select all

<tr>
    <td width="1250" height="30"  background="image/Header.png"><strong style="color: #FFD700; font:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome to Mentor Mentee System of Faculty of Engineering</strong></td>
  </tr>

Please advise. Thank you.

macek
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Re: Font type shown differently in live view and Dreamweaver

Postby macek » Fri May 11, 2012 3:23 am

Many browsers shows many things different. Do not use "preview" in DW and see it only in browsers directly (Opera, Internet Exploder 7,8,9, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Preview is - as that name "PREVIEW" - not the exact result ,..

IamNew
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby IamNew » Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 am

macek wrote:Many browsers shows many things different. Do not use "preview" in DW and see it only in browsers directly (Opera, Internet Exploder 7,8,9, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Preview is - as that name "PREVIEW" - not the exact result ,..

I had view them in the browsers of chrome, IE and firefox and they show the same font type which is different from what I write in the code.

freshnet
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Postby freshnet » Fri May 11, 2012 3:36 am

Firstly, you should be writing all your code with the html and css separate. Do not use <strong><font> or <style> tags, that's bad coding. Use CSS and it should work in all browsers or at least fail over to the fonts in the order displayed, e.g.

Code: Select all

<tr>
    <td width="1250" height="30"  background="image/Header.png"><span class='welcome'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome to Mentor Mentee System of Faculty of Engineering</span></td>
  </tr>

css
span.welcome {font-weight: bold; color: #FFD700; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;}

Return to “PHP Scripts”