Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Scripts

Bugtracker and project management software

Links for php scripts

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Bugtracker and project management software

Postby skynet » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 am

Hello,

I´m searching for a open source package that supports primary bug-tracking functionality, if this software could do project management stuff (including things like notes, todos, dates, users and so on) also, it would be perfect!

It should not be just some solution doing this task for me, it must be save, it should work well and it should be uo to date.

If you could recommend me any open-soure projects with this functionality, I would be very grateful :)

yours

Markus

P.s. The software should run on our own computers/servers, no public host or webservice please!
skynet
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Bugtracker and project management software

Postby void100 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:59 am

You can try choosing from these 43 project management that are listed in this blog: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/02/ ... ternatives

There's a short review for each software listed for you to know what the software is. There is also a comparison table which will guide you when choosing the software that suits your preferences. The table compares each software from the other and to know what features that the software has to offer.
void100
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby MasonBeit » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 pm

There are lots of open source project management software packages but they are not that good compared to software packages that needs payment. Features of open source software packages might not be fully functional. There will be lots of bugs that will not be fixed because no one will bother to fix it since they don't get paid to do that. I suggest you use a project management software package that runs on desktop since they run faster and has more functionality over web-based applications.
MasonBeit
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby egami » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 am

Mason,

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to attack you, because I'm not.
But that has to be the most obserd statement that I've heard all week.

The benefits of having something on the web, is that more than just one person can use the software. Often times during a project, there are more than just one person working on them. The whole purpose of PMS, CMS, SMS type systems is collaborative.

Sure, there are better payware software out there, but why would you want to spend tons of hard earned cash on something that works just as well.
egami
php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Postby MasonBeit » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Desktop applications can be accessed remotely through RDS. So that means desktop applications can still be used by more than one person. I prefer desktop application because as I've said, they run faster.

Sure, there are better payware software out there, but why would you want to spend tons of hard earned cash on something that works just as well.

I don't think that they work the same. In payware software, you can ask for modifications of the features of the software package the way you want it but for open source it's different. You are left to hope that developers will develop them or hire developers to do it.
MasonBeit
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby roejim » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 am

Hey! I work with the open source software mantis and I host it with ix web hosting. It’s secure as you need to log in all the time and therefore that could be something that you’re looking for.
roejim
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby jessie1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

MasonBeit wrote:There are lots of open source project management software packages but they are not that good compared to software packages that needs payment. Features of open source software packages might not be fully functional. There will be lots of bugs that will not be fixed because no one will bother to fix it since they don't get paid to do that. I suggest you use a project management software package that runs on desktop since they run faster and has more functionality over web-based applications.

Thanks for this link....

New php-forum User

Postby davidobuya » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 am

Web-based project-management systems and other software are developed to help businesses to complete projects in an effective and efficient way.
davidobuya
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Scripts