Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Database mySQL & php coding

PHP / mySQL - any easy functions?

Codes here !

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

PHP / mySQL - any easy functions?

Postby FahDooS » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:11 am

I was wondering if there are any functions already written in PHP which simplify the getting/setting of data to a mySQL tabel. for example:

data_get( 'user', 'varname' ); //will get the value of varname from the user database [ if need be varname could be the row or column #, and i could set constants to take place of those numbers. ]

data_set( 'user', 'varname', 'value' ); //likewise, this would set that same variable with value

Note that the 'user' name im talking about is acctually sepecific to each person that will be using my pages becuase they will ALL have completely different data. Also, arrays are VERY important to what I wanna do, so hopefully those get and set functions can extract arrays from the mySQL table, or if it had to have functions like data_array_get and data_array_set, that would be fine also.

If anyone knows of a PHP script that already does something like this PLEASE let me know, I'm not highly interested in learning all about mySQL, and a pre-written interface like this would be a great help. If there is nothing out there, would anyone be willing to help me write one :? ? I do know how to program, this is just my first time working with php and mysql, so its still very fuzzy.

THANKS!
FahDooS
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby Joan Garnet » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:55 pm

I answered this question a few days ago.
http://www.php-forum.com/p/viewtopic.ph ... ight=#3471

Just tell us what you want and we'll guide you through your first scripting.
Joan Garnet

Return to mySQL & php coding