Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Database mySQL & php coding

cannot connect to DB first time

Codes here !

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

cannot connect to DB first time

Postby carlo2837 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 am

I've installed mysql 5.5 to work with php.From the workbench I tried to connect first time,
impossible.I've allowed the program through the firewall,nothing.I read all the tutorials on
the subject, still I don't understand one thing. How do I set admin privileges if I cannot
connect? If I run the scripts on the command prompt I get error. Some tutorials talk about
installing Wamp or other software, why do I need more junk on my pc to have mysql working?
And when they talk about the shell, where is the shell on the workbench?
If I go to start, MySQL,MySQL Server 5.5.,Command Line Prompt it disappears immediately,
so where do I type the script? I like my sql express and management studio better, do I need
mysql to work with php?
Getting frustrated.Thanks for your help.
carlo2837
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: cannot connect to DB first time

Postby php9 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 am

What error are you getting when using the command prompt?
php9
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: cannot connect to DB first time

Postby carlo2837 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 am

Hi, actually I succeded in connecting to the server and everything else is working, phpMyAdmin,wamp server and workbench. The only problem now is that sometimes when I waant to use the command line prompt and insert the root password I get a beep, no error message just a beep and the prompt disappears.Other times works beautifully, cannot figure it out. Any idea? Thank you.
carlo2837
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to mySQL & php coding