Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Database mySQL & php coding

database design

Codes here !

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

database design

Postby sendy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:04 pm

hi guys, i want to practice , so i decide to make a simple e-commerce fashion online shop.
In my mind, i have database designs:
1. Table for product which have product_id, type(such as t-shirt, shirt, etc), price, size(if the product is t-shirt or anything that has a size)

2. Table for selling log, which it has selling_id, and product_id(refers to product table), user_id(people that have bought the product(s))

3. Table for user, it has user_id and other user's informations.

The question is : i dont know if my database design is correct , i mean i think it fits for the situation but i dont know if in the future it will cause problem(even if it for practice, i just dont like it if it bad)

please give me some tips, i will really appreciate it :)
sendy
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: database design

Postby ayilmaz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:06 pm

If I were you, I would be thinking about creating a bigger database scheme. Try to create customers, products,warehouse,login,transaction,most_viewed_products and many other tables. I know it is a lot of work but I strongly suggest it becuase ecommerce is one of the most important subject these days. When you practice, you need a website to get help. I recommend http://php.defaultlibrary.com
ayilmaz
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to mySQL & php coding