Codes here !

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Dunners3
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Internal Server Error

Postby Dunners3 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:30 am

Hello,

Fairly new with PHP coding but managed to find a tutorial to setup a members only area.

I am getting Internal Server Errors and my web host is unable to give me code support. They directed me to you guys.

I will copy and paste what my host thinks the problem is and maybe you may of seen the error elsewhere:
Hello,
It appears that the login is exhausting the memory limit of 256mb on the server when failing to login.
This appears to be something with the coding in the script itself which unfortunately we were not able to
fully track. It seems that after the mysql login is called in login/constants.php the script then segfaults
due to running out of memory. You may need to review the code more to ensure that the actions it is
taking are appropriate, unfortionatly coding support is outside the range of our support, however
I would recommend a forum like http://www.php-forum.com/phpforum/.
as the community there may be able to analyze of your code.

The files that I use to make the login are in the
login.7z
(154.19 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
I will give you a breif description of what they do.

The restricted access site is members.php. To get the login the users click a hyperlink of the front page and then get directed to login.php. Login.php has a require_once to membership.php then to mysql.php. I was recommended to make a seperate php script with the MySQL database login which is require_once from mysql.php (I have put INSERT_HERE in the place of the sensitive login information)

If there is anything else you need, please do ask.

Thank you,

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: Internal Server Error

Postby seandisanti » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Your form in login.php needs action to be set to a page to process the login. I am sure there's more going on, but fix that and let us know what happens and we can go from there.

Return to “mySQL & php coding”