Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index php forum :: Database MySQL Installation

Apache and PHP on one machine, MySQL server on another

Installation and configuration iussues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Apache and PHP on one machine, MySQL server on another

Postby kww » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 pm

I gave up trying to install MySQL on my Windows 7 machine. Hours of fiddling, and it never could install properly. So, I uninstalled it, and installed it on my Windows XP machine where it seems to be running happily, waiting for someone to connect to it.

On my main Windows 7 64-bit machine, I am running Apache Web Server and PHP. I would like to be able to connect to my remote SQL server. I just can't get it to recognize the function calls related to SQL.

My php.ini file has

extension_dir="C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\ext"

[PHP_MYSQLI]
extension=php_mysqli.dll

I've verified that php_mysqli.dll is in that directory, and I don't get any error messages starting PHP. It successfully does the basic "Hello World" level stuff. However, when trying to access the mysqli functions, I get:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\sqlconnect4.php on line 8

Most installation guides I find assume that I have MySQL installed locally. Is there something special I need to do to deal with the remote server?
kww
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Apache and PHP on one machine, MySQL server on another

Postby kww » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I've also copied the libmysql.dll file from the MySQL installation package into the PHP directory (and the extension directory). No luck.
kww
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to MySQL Installation