incompatibility between firefox/chrome and IE

This is where you share YOUR scripts with others

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

zachscompserv
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

incompatibility between firefox/chrome and IE

Postby zachscompserv » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm having issues with this website I'm working on (temporary location for sharing):

http://zach-php.host-ed.me/sjucc_new/

In Firefox and Chrome, it's coming up exactly how I want it to. However, when it comes to IE, it will push the Church's info and the marquee past the right side of the viewable page (i.e. you have to scroll right to see it), and the border is around the page, not at the width I set it to and the height to only surround the main content of the page. I've tried messing around with other DOCTYPEs, but can't seem to get anything to work properly.

I'm sure I have something wrong in the CSS that I'm overlooking. It would help to have a fresh set of eyes.

One last thing, only the index page is up for viewing only. I didn't get started on the other pages since I want it to be formatted correctly in Firefox, Chrome and IE prior to adding pages.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

- Zach

seandisanti
php-forum Fan User
php-forum Fan User

Re: incompatibility between firefox/chrome and IE

Postby seandisanti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 pm

if you put the code or css here i'm sure everyone would be happy to take a look at it, but i'll have to pass on going to another page to view source and manually look up your css etc. Make sure you're using a good reset.css, and any time you're having issues with a specific browser, make sure to check caniuse.com to make sure that the styling you're trying to do is possible in that browser. Beyond that I'll have to see some code to be more helpful.

Return to “Your Scripts”