Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Apache 2.0.53, PHP5.0.3 and mySQL 4.1.10 problems

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Apache 2.0.53, PHP5.0.3 and mySQL 4.1.10 problems

Postby cbaelum » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:24 am

I have a problem getting PHP 5.0.3 to talk to mySQL 4.1.10.

I am building a new server, with the following software:
- Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition
- Apache 2.0.53 (Running as local_system)
- PHP 5.0.3
- mySQL 4.1.10 (running as local_system)
- mySQL Administrator 1.0.19
- phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3

I have installed Apache and checked that it works. I get the normal "If you can see this....." page.

I have installed mySQL and configured it with the wizard. It works fine, no errormessages.

I have installed mySQL administrator and checked that I can talk to the database.

I have installed PHP and done some editing in php.ini, and in httpd.conf.
I put the lines for using php5 into httpd.conf.
When looking at a phpinfo page, everything looks fine. PHP tells a lot about the system it is running on.

I want to use 4 extensions. If I tell PHP to use php_gd2.dll, php_mbstring.dll and php_gettext.dll only I get no error-messages from Apache when it starts.

As soon as I try to use the extension php_mysqli.dll and/or php_mysql.dll, and restart Apache, I get the error:
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library "....\ext\php_mysqli.dll" - The specified module could not be found.
I get the same message 2 times, and then Apache starts up without support for mySQL.

When looking at a phpinfo page, everything looks fine, except that mySQL is not there :-(

I have tried copying libmysql.dll to a lot of different folders, but until now I have had no luck getting PHP 5.0.3 to talk to mySQL 4.1.10.

I have read the sticky's here on the forum, and searched all over the internet for a solution, but I cant seem to find a solution that actually helps me.
cbaelum
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Apache 2.0.53, PHP5.0.3 and mySQL 4.1.10 problems

Postby WiZARD » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:12 am

as I know php_mysqli builting in PHP5....
toy yo need find some info about it in php.ini and activate it....
WiZARD

Postby cbaelum » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:29 am

mysqli is an extension module for php5, and I have removed the ; in front of the line in php.ini.

Apache tries to load the module, but something goes wrong, and I get the errormessage in my original post.

I can not find anything that will make my server work. I have tried following the sticky in this forum, and I have searched with google for the error, but only found some info that says someone has the problem, but got it working somehow.
I have yet to find a description of how to get it to work, or if it is at all possible on a Windows 2003 Server.

I have a system running on my Windows XP SP2. This one is running mySQL 4.1.7, PHP 5.0.3 and Apache 2.0.52.
I have crosschecked the different configuration files on the 2 systems, and they seem to be identical.

Anyone have any good advice ???
Should I reinstall on Windows XP or ???
cbaelum
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby ruturajv » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:35 pm

please check that you have correctly specified the extension dir in your php.ini file, and the mysqli.dll or whatever file resides there.
ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Return to PHP Installation