Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

nothing happens when I try to view a php page in explorer!!!

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

nothing happens when I try to view a php page in explorer!!!

Postby satsteve » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:53 am

I unistalled IIS, and loaded the lates version on apache. When I click on the icon in the tast bar it tells me that it is running.

I copied a simple script to tell me todays date from a book and placed the '.php' page here...C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs.

When I type http://localhost/today.php and press go the loading bar and the bottom of explorer starts to load but goes nowhere....I left it alone for 3 minutes and nothing happend.

What is going wrong?
satsteve
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby ruturajv » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:59 am

before you do test php,
just start Apache .. and see http://localhost
if you get the test page, apache is working fine.
then you put the php script in the htdocs directory
and no access the page.. if U see the complete script in the o/p
means PHP is not properly configured..
if that is there read athe installation part of php/apache
the AddType directive
ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Re: nothing happens when I try to view a php page in explore

Postby WiZARD » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:28 am

satsteve wrote:I unistalled IIS, and loaded the lates version on apache. When I click on the icon in the tast bar it tells me that it is running.

I copied a simple script to tell me todays date from a book and placed the '.php' page here...C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs.

When I type http://localhost/today.php and press go the loading bar and the bottom of explorer starts to load but goes nowhere....I left it alone for 3 minutes and nothing happend.

What is going wrong?

are you sure what server is start? just ping it
WiZARD

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:38 am

Wizard: if the server wasnt started: he would get 404

satsteve, your apache must be configured to take PHP... plus there might be some problems with PHP itself... did you follow all of the instruction? like copy dll to windos folder and stuff like that?
Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WiZARD » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:52 am

Alexei Kubarev wrote:Wizard: if the server wasnt started: he would get 404

satsteve, your apache must be configured to take PHP... plus there might be some problems with PHP itself... did you follow all of the instruction? like copy dll to windos folder and stuff like that?

I know what is mean Page Not Found(404) but this message give or Apache or Explorer.....
If you missed some dlls about this you may see in Logs system of Apache or Windows Event.....
WiZARD

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:16 am

well..actually 404 can go from IE... iafter a connection timeout you will be redirected to a local res:///404 page... i dont rememver the name thou...

So its not always a Server that gives that error...

And if the dll has not been copied, nothing would simply happend... apache will start without any problems... i ment php4ts.dll and php5ts.dll
On windows machines they have to be copied to C:\Windows..
Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WiZARD » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:46 am

Alexei Kubarev wrote:well..actually 404 can go from IE... iafter a connection timeout you will be redirected to a local res:///404 page... i dont rememver the name thou...

So its not always a Server that gives that error...

And if the dll has not been copied, nothing would simply happend... apache will start without any problems... i ment php4ts.dll and php5ts.dll
On windows machines they have to be copied to C:\Windows..

From programming course I cnow if you have a connected dlls and try to call some one you may run dll but Windows get the error like note....
WiZARD

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:11 am

actually its more like a PHP installation on windosws..
If you remove php4ts.dll from C:\Windows you un a script and it window will be blank... trust me...
You will not get ANY erors...howeve you dont have to add php4ts.dll to windows folder in case your enviromental varible PATH has PHP folder defined...

"Kstati ja ocen mnogo rabotal s DLL's v C# i C++ (moja ekzamenacionnaja bila poslana na nagdau kotoruju ja poluchil v posledstvii, t.k krome referata na 145 stranic bil prilozen kod k programme dla testirovanija snajij po fizike i t.d..hehe ee do sih por ispolujut v shkole..daze stranno..)i znaju chto mozno zastavit programu molchat pri otsutsvujushej dll bez problem" :D
Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WiZARD » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:21 am

Alexei Kubarev wrote:actually its more like a PHP installation on windosws..
If you remove php4ts.dll from C:\Windows you un a script and it window will be blank... trust me...
You will not get ANY erors...howeve you dont have to add php4ts.dll to windows folder in case your enviromental varible PATH has PHP folder defined...

"Kstati ja ocen mnogo rabotal s DLL's v C# i C++ (moja ekzamenacionnaja bila poslana na nagdau kotoruju ja poluchil v posledstvii, t.k krome referata na 145 stranic bil prilozen kod k programme dla testirovanija snajij po fizike i t.d..hehe ee do sih por ispolujut v shkole..daze stranno..)i znaju chto mozno zastavit programu molchat pri otsutsvujushej dll bez problem" :D

eto ponyatno chto mojno no vot sam vozmi i udali php4ts.dll iz C:\Windows a potom posmotri cho v eventah napisano. Chelovek razumniy srazu tuda polezet smotret' ãû
WiZARD

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:26 am

udalil : pustoj script posle restarta apache... nikakih errors
daze ni odin debugger ne vrubilsa, hota u VS.net 2003 i 2005 super sistemi..oni sami vrubajutsa pri oshibkah v programme... tak ni odna ne prosnulas... a te govoru... eto odin iz variantov..

ili apache/iis ne otkonfigurirovan kak nado ili problema v etoj dll...
Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WiZARD » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:54 am

Alexei Kubarev wrote:udalil : pustoj script posle restarta apache... nikakih errors
daze ni odin debugger ne vrubilsa, hota u VS.net 2003 i 2005 super sistemi..oni sami vrubajutsa pri oshibkah v programme... tak ni odna ne prosnulas... a te govoru... eto odin iz variantov..

ili apache/iis ne otkonfigurirovan kak nado ili problema v etoj dll...

stranno a u menya rugaeca v eventah..... :(
WiZARD

Postby Alexej Kubarev » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:23 am

a u mena ni razu ne rugalsa...
Pricem ni razu v techenii 2 let uze..a komp pereustanavlivalsa i eto uze testirovalos na 7 kompah... :S

Hota v event logah mozet ce i pishet... no nikakoj ochibki ne daet...
Ladno..pofig v obshem-to :)

Pust proverajet v lubom sluchae :)
Alexej Kubarev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to PHP Installation