Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

open_basedir restriction in effect

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

open_basedir restriction in effect

Postby Pulse » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:48 am

hi all

Well, I've got one major problem that looks to me is going to cost me alot of work, that is if I'm right about that there isn't really a solution to my problem...?

what I have is a directory, which has a subdirectory modules, and underneath that I have module directories, like admin, documentViewer etc., now my problem arises when trying to include a file in one of the module directories into my index.php which is in the root....

I include the modules as follows :

Code: Select all
<? include("Modules/$module/bodyspace.php"); ?>

On my windows test server it runs perfect, but on my Netware server I get this error:

Code: Select all
Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in SYS:/apache2/htdocs/mywebsite/Modules/Documents/bodyspace.php on line 8

does anyone have an idea what I can do to stop this error from appearing, or is my only option to recode, reducing security which may open the server to any hazards is out of the question....iow did I start from the start with the wrong theory of using includes....?

Thnx

Pulse 8O
Pulse
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby swirlee » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:45 pm

I got tons of promising results just by searching for "open_basedir on Google. Take a look.
swirlee

Postby Pulse » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:08 pm

hehe...

Yip, I did that, but my manager put up content filtering(ContentKeeper) on the firewall which block almost each and everyone, but sneeky sneeky...I will get a password for reclassification of some of the sites....
Pulse
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Installation