Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Make commands, errors installing PHP4 with mysql & apach

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Make commands, errors installing PHP4 with mysql & apach

Postby tekquest » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:39 pm

Hi all,

I have recently compiled PHP4 with MYSQL and Apache, when I try to install PHP via:

#make
#make install

it errors with the following messages:

[root@vic php-4.3.4]# make
gcc -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/libmysql -Iext/mysql/ -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/include -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/main -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4 -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/Zend -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/xml/expat -I/usr/src/php-4.3.4/TSRM -g -O2 -c /usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c -o ext/mysql/php_mysql.o && echo > ext/mysql/php_mysql.lo
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c: In function `zm_info_mysql':
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:465: `PHP_MYSQL_TYPE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:465: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:465: for each function it appears in.)
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:467: `PHP_MYSQL_INCLUDE' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/php-4.3.4/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:468: `PHP_MYSQL_LIBS' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [ext/mysql/php_mysql.lo] Error 1
[root@vic php-4.3.4]#

Its a RH9.0 box with all the dev tools installed, running on a 2ghz intel + 256mb ram, 20gb hdd...

has anyone seen this before??

Thanks for reading,

Luke
tekquest
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Postby sigix » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:34 am

have you run the ./configure file before making php
sigix
php-forum Active User
php-forum Active User

Postby tekquest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:33 pm

Thanks for your reply, just got it sorted!

Yes I had run the ./configure before making, it turned out after the line "\" there was a space, so it should have looked like this:

./configure --with-mysql --with-apache2=../apache-2.0.48 \--enable-track-vars

its now compiled, but now I am trying to integrate PHP4 with apache, its starting to get very difficult for me :-).

I can't seem to find the correct command, I have a document from compaq about a linux web solution, the line reads:

"Build the apache server with the php module as well as two modules named mod-status and mod-info that can provide web masters with configuration information and server status:

#./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a \--enable-module=info --enable-module=status

"Configure error, unrecognized option".

I know that its not PHP3 so it shouldn't work, but I cant even seem to find anything remotely relivant to php4 on the system, any pointers???
tekquest
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

php config

Postby ruturajv » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:45 pm

you can configure your php in a apache with the proper code in "httpd.conf" file of your apache...
ruturajv
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Return to PHP Installation