Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Install PHP over previous installation

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Install PHP over previous installation

Postby leandrorius » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi there!

I have a Solaris 10 server running some Web systems with php5. The guy that installed the php (long time ago) have customized all the installation, so the config files are under another dirs than default, and he disabled a lot of features, including CLI.
The problem is, I need to do some CLI scripts now, so I have to reinstall or recompile PHP, but I'm not used to do that (I'm a developer, not a system admin), and I'm afraid to have problems in my already-running systems, especially because the current instalation are so customized that I think I won't be able to troubleshoot if I have any problem in the proccess.

So, how can I install PHP to use the CLI features without affecting the current one?

Thanks in advance!
leandrorius
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Install PHP over previous installation

Postby johnj » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:20 am

As CLI does not require web server, why don't you install php in another directory so that it doesn't disturb the existing installation. In this way you can run php from CLI. Make sure when you do a new installation it doesn't write to any other existing directories.
johnj
php-forum Super User
php-forum Super User

Return to PHP Installation