Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

Installing PHP 5.5 on windows server 2008 R2

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

Installing PHP 5.5 on windows server 2008 R2

Postby Gamers » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm

I tried to install PHP 5.5 in the windows server 2008 R2 edition.

i am using IIS 7.5 , IIS is working fine but when i tried to run any php page i got the HTTP ERROR 500.0 .

I already configured Handler Mapping inside my IIS server.

Parameters

Request Path => *.php
Module => FastCgiModule
Executable => C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe
NAME => PHP5

Please find the complete error below

Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE"Internet Information Services 7.5

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
C:\PHP\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

Detailed Error Information

Module FastCgiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler PHP5
Error Code 0xc0000135
Requested URL http://localhost:80/phpinfo.php
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpinfo.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Most likely causes:

IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.
Things you can try:
Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.
Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.
Verify the permissions for the DLL.
Install the .NET Extensibility feature if the request is mapped to a managed handler.
Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Links and More Information

This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.
View more information »

Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

Gamers
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Installing PHP 5.5 on windows server 2008 R2

Postby jkandrach » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:02 am

Hi Gamers, I just encountered this same problem on a newly provisioned Win2k8 R2 64bit server. I got mine fixed when I ran the command "php -info" and noticed an error returned complaining of a missing MSVC110.dll. This led me to install MS Visual Studio 2010 Express, then install MS Visual C++ Redist. (x64) on top of that. I think it boils down to not finding a compiler for php to use on the server. Once I did this I was able to view phpinfo().

Also, for good measure, I added ISAPI support in IIS, but I don't think it was needed. I know this comes late but I hope it helps anyone else with this issue.
jkandrach
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Return to PHP Installation