Register  Login
Board index PHP PHP Installation

PHP INSTALLED but doesn't work properly

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

PHP INSTALLED but doesn't work properly

Postby almightymike » Thu May 15, 2003 7:13 pm

Hi!

we installed PHP2.2 on our apache server. We can see phpinfo properly.

now i placed all my old php files on the new server and i get lots of errors. some of errors i got were

-----

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /disk1/www/html/test/mike/capex/connect.php on line 19

----

Warning: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /disk1/www/html/test/ftp2.php on line 6

Warning: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /disk1/www/html/test/ftp2.php on line 9
FTP connection has failed!Attempted to connect to 172.16.230.210,8021 for user mike

----

i also noticed that $PHP_SELF doesn't (returns no value) work. sessions don't work also.

Did we do something wrong or did we forget something?

HELP!

Thanks!!!

mike

by the way, hee is the config command passed
'./configure' '--host=i386-redhat-linux' '--build=i386-redhat-linux' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db3' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--without-oci8' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mcal' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
almightymike
New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: PHP INSTALLED but doesn't work properly

Postby Oleg Butuzov » Fri May 16, 2003 4:41 am

almightymike wrote:Hi!

we installed PHP2.2 on our apache server. We can see phpinfo properly.

php 2.2 ???? might be PHP/FI
or 4.2???

almightymike wrote:now i placed all my old php files on the new server and i get lots of errors. some of errors i got were

-----

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /disk1/www/html/test/mike/capex/connect.php on line 19

----

Warning: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /disk1/www/html/test/ftp2.php on line 6

Warning: ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /disk1/www/html/test/ftp2.php on line 9
FTP connection has failed!Attempted to connect to 172.16.230.210,8021 for user mike

----

i also noticed that $PHP_SELF doesn't (returns no value) work. sessions don't work also.

Did we do something wrong or did we forget something?
HELP!

Thanks!!!

mike

try to edit php.ini
register globals = on

by the way, hee is the config command passed
'./configure' '--host=i386-redhat-linux' '--build=i386-redhat-linux' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db3' '--with-curl' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--without-oci8' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mcal' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
[/quote]
Oleg Butuzov
Last Samuray
Last Samuray

Postby Oleg Butuzov » Fri May 16, 2003 4:53 am

can you say more about your version of PHP, server and *nix OS???

bucouse ftp support was bundled only in 3rd (or 4-th i didnt remember) version of php.
mysql function also bundled...

might be you have download badsourse ?
Oleg Butuzov
Last Samuray
Last Samuray

Return to PHP Installation