Reconfiguring PHP?

Forum for you who has PHP installation issues

Moderators: macek, egami, gesf

New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby abc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 am

Hello, I have PHP 4 (+apache 1.3 and MySQL4 - I know, outdated) installed on my Debian server. Unfortunately, I did not install it and I am very inexperienced with configuring PHP. What I need is to reconfigure it with LDAP installed. On it states:

LDAP support in PHP is not enabled by default. You will need to use the --with-ldap[=DIR] configuration option when compiling PHP to enable LDAP support.

Seems pretty straightforward, but PHP is already would I go about reconfiguring it with this option enabled, and without messing anything existing up? Thanks.

php-forum GURU
php-forum GURU

Re: Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby egami » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am

I think debian (*cough*) has the apget feature, to where you can just install it on top of the installation that is already there.

May have to do a little research to find out, but that should get you started in the right direction.

New php-forum User
New php-forum User

Re: Reconfiguring PHP?

Postby PeterFischer » Mon May 09, 2011 4:56 am

Download the tar file, and place it in your webtree. For the purposes of this tutorial, my wiki will sit in the root directory of the server. Extract the file:

tar -zxvf phpwiki-1.3.12p1.tar.gz

Renaming the directory from phpwiki-1.3.12 to simply phpwiki, or even just wiki.

mv phpwiki-1.3.12p1 wiki

You can now access your wiki from a browser: Before you can do any editing, you'll first have to configure everything.

Return to “PHP Installation”