OS Software Engineer, Chicago, IL | 60-90k | Relo OK
For the Software Engineer position, we are seeking a candidate to develop, deploy and document web-based applications and associated support programs as determined by internal and external client requirements.
Our ideal candidate is:
* 3-5 years experience relating to web-based software development using PHP, Python, Ruby or Perl. Other languages a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years experience developing, testing, deploying and maintaining interactive web applications on open source platforms.
* Minimum of 5 years experience with any SQL-based RDBMS (PostgreSQL experience is especially useful) in the form of writing efficient SQL queries and executing them via programming language interfaces.
* Real-world experience with agile engineering practices (test-driven development, object-oriented design, refactoring) and project management practices (Scrum teamwork, User Story development and estimation).
* Locals are preferred, but all candidates interested in relocating to the Evanston, IL area will be considered.
If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a paragraph (or two) highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing